Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mr Dan Deacon, h!mself, lad!es and gentlemen

Major major major major major props to Celine for telling me to friend him on Facebook.


Unfortunately I don't know how to retrieve earlier history in the Facebook chat BUT I sent him a message and then HE sent ME an iM thanking me for the nice email.
This is what I have left of it:

[I was asking him if he gets "fan mail" like this all the time]

2:41amDan
more ims than emails
i used to get a lot of emails
but not much anymore
2:42amDara
Part of me feels silly
Thinking that this is The Dan Deacon
2:44amDan
there is no the
2:45amDara
What about all the people in Baltimore & the DC area?
Don't they go "bonkers" as the kids say?
2:45amDan
what do you mean?
2:45amDara
I feel like just because they're located so close..
I guess it's really just me going bonkers because I'm in DC
And although you're not..it's much closer than New York
2:46amDan
thats true
2:48amDara
I know the moment I sign off I'll think of 40,000 questions to ask you
HEY do you know anyone at NPR?
2:48amDan
not well
but yes
why?
2:48amDara
I applied for an internship for All Songs Considered
2:48amDan
oh cool
2:48amDara
Almost
They didn't get back to me. The deadline is quite belated, but I plan on going in (as soon as Bob Boilen gets back from SXSW) every day to see if I can talk to him
2:50amDara
Do you think that's silly?
2:51amDan
nope
2:52amDara
I don't want to pester them. But the first time I went in they didn't even let me past the front desk!
But it's cool to be so close to their headquarters
2:52amDan
yikes
my friends future islands played dc tonight
2:53amDara
With my friend's band, Exactly
2:53amDan
did you go?
do they have a myspace?
2:54amDara
I didn't...
No they're "too cool" for myspace
2:55amDan
do they have any internet thing?
2:56amDara
No!
Next time I play with them I'll secretly bring a tape recorder
2:56amDan
are you in a band?
i guess your profile picture shows you are
2:56amDara
It's funny. I'm always almost in a band.
Haha that was just a show at University
2:57amDan
what was it?
2:57amDara
Earlier this year. Just an open mic
Another one is this Friday too!
That's actually why I'm up - I'm working on something for it..
2:58amDan
oh awesom
e
sorry for distracting you
2:58amDara
Hahaha it's CLEARLY okay I'm just finishing it up
What other instruments do you play
2:59amDan
not anything well
bass
tuba
trombone
nontraditional guitar
3:00amDara
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1042848842810&subj=1518929
Can you see that?
3:01amDan
yes
3:01amDara
That's Exactly
3:01amDan
oh cool
thanks
3:02amDara
I don' tthink I know who the guitar player is
3:03amDan
i should go
it is 3am
3:03amDara
Then I shall as well
I hope to talk to you soon Dan!
3:04amDan
me too
talk to you later
3:05amDara
Oh, wait!
Are YOu actually playing trumpet in Slow WithHorns then?
trombone*. Any of those
3:07amDan
yes
trombone
my friend connor on trombone



No comments:

Post a Comment