Saturday, March 7, 2009

Empt!ness

Yesterday in my Religions of the East class we were discussing the book 'The Heart of Understanding' by the Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh. He discusses how not only all things, but we as humans are all empty. This is because we are essentially made up of non-"us" things, and each thing cannot exist independently.

With that being said, this can (and cannot) be related to AU's campus. Which, if you couldn't guess, is empty.
And when I say empty - I mean...empty. The people at the front desk aren't even there and the lights are off! TDR/Eagle's Nest - closed. Fuck - how am I supposed to eat??

Well...it was pretty much like this yesterday too, but here's what I did:

Friday:
=Tried out a vegan bakery, Sticky Fingers, in Columbia Heights (quite overpriced, if you ask me)
=People-watched
=Spent TOO much time on the metro....again, good people-watching, but still. I don't think any of us realize how much time is taken out of our day on the metro.
=Went to Rock Creek Park for the first time. And what a shitty park it is! The walk was pretty cool but the entrance is so extremely hidden. And the parkway runs right through it, as does a "river" full of sewage. It was the first nice day out in a while though so I couldn't really complain too much at the time.
=Yoga with Louise! ...invigorating.

Saturday:
=Went to CVS to get my pictures AND I told them to develop ALL of the negatives and they only gave me 23/27! WTF?
=Dupont Circle - got a yogurt parfeit (parfiet? par-fay?) and sat out by the fountain. So many people were out there, it was kind of crazy. It was almost like an advanced version of a high school cafeteria. There was just a large circle with benches around the perimeter with limited space. Some people in groups, some couples, some alone. Kinda crazy. Again - people-watching central.
=Bought my father a birthday gift
=Went to Urban Outfitters [shudders]
=Katzen


I'm eating a McFlurry. M&M flavored. Never buy this.

And now, for a fail:

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahhah. touche', athiests!

    Also, Mcflurrys are semi-decent!

    ReplyDelete