Thursday, February 5, 2009

M!randa July

Is not just a performance artist, not just an author, not just a director. She's amazing. Her collection of short stories titled 'No One Belongs Here More Than You' and her self-directed film, 'Me and You and Everyone We Know' has just taken my breath away. She has inspired me to write like no one else has before. I ordered the soundtrack to MY&EWK off of Amazon last night...it should come in a few days. I'm surprised she didn't write that herself as well - but it is by Michael Andrews and unfortunately, bit torrent doesn't offer any of his works.

The way that the soundtrack coincides with the film is phenomenal. It made me think about audio files and how they completely change the perspective of the viewer, despite what is on the screen. I wanted to see what I could do with it myself. So this is what I did with it..myself.
[Keep in mind I've never made a movie before nor do I have any intention of actually turning this into something. It's just an experiment]


1 comment:

  1. About halfway through it, the screen went black.
    BUT, from what I saw, this is really cool and girl, you're so much more creative and talented than the majority of people on this e4r1h.

    ReplyDelete